Tuesday, September 1, 2009

All In The Family

I'd love to share a bit about our families! This is Petee, or, "Petee Jaxson Shelley" as the kids call him..I obviously call Avery by his middle name too much! He is our 7 year old Jack Russell Terrier. I drove to Oklahoma to pick him out of a litter of 8 week old JRT's when Greg and I were first married. He and Greg are best buddies and our kids think he's the best. He's a bit high strung, but he's awfully cute!





Here are our parents. My mom is Lisa and she is married to my stepdad, Jason. My children would not function without time with their "Gaga and Jas." Seriously, they forget Greg and I exist when they are with them...but that's okay, that's what grandparents are for! They spoil them rotten...powdered donuts at every visit, surprise toys when they get in the car, and school clothes! Let's just say that sometimes what's good for them is good for Greg and I too! They give us lots of much needed babysitting so Greg and I can have QT together. Thanks Mom and J..we love you very much!

Also included in the middle picture is Jason's parents, Dewayne and Carol Pruitt, AKA, Papa and Mimi. We recently lost Mimi to a heroic (on her part) cancer battle. She is greatly missed and loved. She made the most beautiful quilts for my children and countless others. She made many memories in our hearts!







Here is my studly Daddy, Jack Bivens. He recently moved back to the San


Antonio area to run a fire equipment business. He is quite the entrepreneur..I am very proud of him and miss him a lot when he's not around. The kids call him Papa and wow, do they love when he's here! I believe they have him wrapped around their fingers..I'm sure he would agree. Come see us soon Papa!!



Here is Greg's Grandpa with some of the grandkids at his last visit. We are so blessed that Grandpa is still around and healthy enough to travel all the way from KY to see us every few months!! He loves to play golf with his boys and playing cards at our house in the evenings. He's a night owl...outlasts the rest of us! We love you Grandpa..can't wait to see you again real soon!


Here are Greg's parents, Tray and Diana and his brother Jonathan with the newest addition to the Shelley family...Keri! Welcome to the madness sis! We're so proud of Jonathan and so very happy that Keri is part of the family. Jonathan and Keri got married this summer and it was a beautiful wedding...and very large! It was an "all family" wedding, and there were so many of us standing by their side as they said their vows. Its was truly beautiful and I was honored to stand up beside them while they started their lives together! We love you!









Mom and Dad Shelley are a true blessing, we enjoy getting to spend Saturday evenings with them for church and sometimes dinner afterwards. They are also two of the kids' favorite people..Grandpa always has a special surprise "sweet treat" for them when we pull up to the house and Grandma loves to take the kids out for a movie or bowling. Wow!! Thank you Jesus for our awesome families!


This is the Macklin Family..Greg's sister Stephanie with her family. We are sooooooo glad they decided to move here from MO a few years ago! Our kids are so close and we enjoy being with them so very much. I get so excited when we all decide to get together for a family game night! More than anything, I'm so excited to have sisters!!! (Steph, Max and Keri!! )


This is my brother Christopher Garland Bivens, his wife Max and their new baby boy, Cash Garland Bivens. He was born last Thanksgiving Day..and we are so thankful for him! I cannot believe he will be one year old this fall..I miss them so very much. Chris and Max also have a preteen named Collin...he is so much fun! When we visited them last year, Collin and I "tore up" some Rock Band and Wii! No kidding, I was sore the next day! Unfortunately we don't get to see them much, but we hope to get to see them this holiday season!






These are my grandparents Connie and Reggie, my aunt Diane and cousin Krista at one of our favorite restaurants...El Camino!!! It's famous for it's greasy mexican food..and boy is it muy delicioso!! If you haven't ever been there, it's in Tulia Texas, about 30 minutes south of Canyon..and I'll join you if you go!












No comments:

Post a Comment